to access all K2 Sports job opportunities posted on the website of our parent company Jarden Corporation. For international positions please contact through the email provided in the specific job posting.
|BCA Research & Development
Product Technician, Boulder, CO
Backcountry Access is a leader in avalanche and snow safety gear. We are looking for detail oriented, self-motivated individuals for assembly and testing in our Production Department. Our company makes life saving devices, so our employees must be responsible and take pride in their quality of work. For more information about our products and values, please take a look at our website: http://www.backcountryaccess.com
Essential Job Duties
- Mechanical assembly, programming, testing, and/or packaging of electronics and other avalanche safety products
- Full time position with limited potential for overtime
- Quality oriented and focused
- Highly motivated and efficient
- Positive attitude
- Ability to follow detailed procedures
- Good data tracking/documentation skills
- Soldering skills/previous PCB manufacturing experience a plus
|Machine Processing Group
Machinist Programmer I, Des Moines, Seattle
The Machinist Programmer makes machine parts and prototypes as needed.
Essential Job Duties
- Operates conventional and CNC machine tools.
- Creates CNC programs for molding tools.
- Designs and fabricates machine parts and prototypes as needed.
- Performs welding as needed.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Willing to work overtime as needed.
The qualified candidate will be: Proficient at operating Haas and Cinncinati CNC production mills. Proficient with MIG and Stick arc welding skills. Basic skills using Solids based design software. Basic HVLP painting skills. CNC programming level 2 skills. Basic industrial control wiring skills. Safety conscious. Self starter. Good communication skills.
K2 US Marketing Manager - Ski & Skate, K2 Sports Seattle, Washington
The US Marketing Manager strategizes and implements all marketing communication consistent with brand image.
Essential Job Duties
- Build creative and promotional programs for K2 to maximize brand exposure and sales in the US market.
- Identify the key communication channels (print, web, social, influencers, etc.) and deploy all marketing collateral and assets to best reach the consumer.
- Manage marketing staff to meet deadlines and brand goals.
- Build product launch strategies and manage product story creation.
- Organize and implement all aspects of trade and consumer events including trade shows, on-snow demos, magazine tests/reviews, trade, retailer events, movie sponsorships, and athlete appearances.
- Create and deploy all regional marketing collateral, POP, advertising materials, and other promotional tools needed to successfully drive K2 sales.
- Develop and manage web/online strategy with brand director, including site launches, maintenance, online campaigns, etc.
- Strategize and coordinate annual marketing/promo calendar (including media buy, product launch, online and all related campaigns)
- Order and manage all product necessary for trade shows, promotions, public relations, and events
- Identify and fulfill all retail marketing and promotional requests
- Manage public relations efforts, including but not limited to: press releases, product tests, product reviews, editor relations, product pitches.
- Manage consumer research efforts and communicate consumer segment information.
- College Degree in marketing, business, or similar
- 5 Years Minimum experience in action sports industry
- Retail and business experience desired
- Excellent work ethic and enthusiasm
- Great leadership skills and team player
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and manage projects
- Self-directed and motivated
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Adobe products
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Active skier
K2 Sports Customer Service Representative IV, K2 Sports, Seattle WA
The K2 Sports Customer Service Rep provides excellent customer service, warranty and technical support to authorized dealers and consumers. Establishes and maintains great relationships with dealers, independent sales representatives and internal customers. Manages sales orders in assigned territories, ensuring accuracy of price and terms and on time delivery by requested ship date. Communicates status of orders to dealers, consumers, sales reps and sales and customer service managers.
Essential Job Duties
- Achieves company financial objectives through proactive sales order entry and management.
- Provide excellent customer service to authorized dealers and consumers through strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform outbound sales calls to existing customers to generate new business.
- Understand technical and non-technical aspect of multiple product lines, including parts, and sales programs.
- Audit customer purchase orders compared to sales orders to ensure compliance with current prices, terms and special programs and accounting requirements.
- Work closely with Credit Department for the timely release of orders and customer reconciliation issues.
- Attend dealer trade shows as required, participate in dealer and sales meetings.
- Maintain product knowledge through clinics, sales meetings, trade shows and industry publications.
- Process requests for Return Authorizations in compliance with K2 return and warranty policies.
- Anticipate, analyze, define and solve problems in a timely manner, including delivery issues, misships, and pricing and terms issues
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience with outdoor retail sporting goods, (retail, online and/or call center) with a background in Nordic and Cross-Country skiing.
- Advanced skills in MS Windows applications.
- Experience with MRP systems.
- Consistent sense of urgency.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and cross functionally.
- Detail oriented, conscientious and self motivated.
- Excellent follow through and persistence.
- Excellent time management, ability to prioritize, multitask and escalate when needed.
- Initiative to improve processes and reduce costs.
- Overtime and/or an adjusted schedule may be required in peak season.
Design Engineer – Snowboards, Seattle
The K2 Sports Design Engineer's primary responsibility is Management and Engineering Development of the Snowboard Product Line. Working with the Category Manager and technical staff to develop a product line that meets quality needs, delivery goals, value objectives, cost targets, budget limits and innovation needs to be competitive in the market.
1. BOARD DEVELOPMENT:
- Concept development working with team, sales force, product testers, Category manager, and other resources.
- Translate conceptual requirements into unique products that best fit each market segment (Team, novice-advanced rider, rental shop,…)
- Manage development resources (Factories, ID firms, in-house resources,…) to:
- Meet the needs of the appropriate audience for durability, performance, and ease of manufacture.
- Stay within the cost targets.
- Stay clear of existing patents and create new ones for K2 where possible.
- Testing designs in the lab (destruct), and on-hill to insure design integrity and performance.
- Material selection that balances effectiveness and efficiency
- Manage tooling build and buy-off of all boards
- Manage artwork communication and development to meet the goals of the creative department in a manner that keeps the boards within the cost targets and on time.
- Develop graphic application techniques from concept through to a confirmed manufacturing process.
- Manage the sampling and buy-off of packaging materials (assist with development as necessary, get film to the factories on time, get samples made and in the hands of the creative department for buy-off)
- Achieve on-time board buy-off to get sample and production boards delivered on time.
- Focus group product refinement
- Developing specific designs and technologies to meet category needs
- Coordinating testing of the product with focus group meetings
- Working closely with Marketing to maximize the effect of the focus group on both the product and the marketing
2. LINE MANAGEMENT
- Develop and maintain accurate specification for handoff to factory and marketing group.
- Develop and maintain accurate tool lists and development lists for clear agreement and communication of development projects
3. QUALITY ASSURANCY AND WARRANTY
- Setting up specifications for quality control of new parts.
- Confirmation that Q/A processes are efficient and effective
4. SALES & MARKETING.
- Maintain market awareness through interaction with the team, dealers and sales force, on hill experience, trade show research, shop visits, and other interaction.
Senior Engineering Technician , Seattle, WA
Essential Job Duties
- Perform product testing for the K2 Research and Development Lab.
- Report test results and review with the Test Lab Manager/Engineer(s) to direct Product Development towards design objectives.
- Design test fixtures and test equipment. Coordinate the fabrication with the Machine Shop.
- Instrument products for acquiring load data for laboratory and field testing.
- Manage a large scale test load of varying products in order to maximize test throughput.
- Maintain laboratory equipment including Universal Test Machines, Test Chambers, and K2-specific standalone machines to ensure they meet performance and durability requirements.
Customer Service Representative Frankreich, Penzberg
Die K2 Sports Europe GmbH ist die europäische Vertriebs-Tochtergesellschaft von K2 Sports, Seattle, WA, USA, einem der größten Anbieter von hochwertigen und innovativen Sportartikeln weltweit. In Deutschland beschäftigen wir derzeit knapp 140 Mitarbeiter, hiervon 80 in Penzberg.
Sie sind sportbegeistert und identifizieren sich mit Produkten aus der Sportindustrie? Sie möchten gerne in einemsportlichen Umfeld tätig sein? Sollten Sie zudem noch die Voraussetzungen für unsere vakante Position in unserem Customer Service erfüllen - umso besser!
Wir suchen zum baldmöglichen Eintritt für unseren Firmensitz in Penzberg eine/n Customer Service Representative für unsere französischen Kunden.
Praktikum Marketing, Penzberg, Germany
Für unser K2 Sports Marketing Team suchen wir jederzeit tatkräftige Unterstützung!
Du bist sportbegeistert und vielseitig, besitzt außerdem ein hohes Maß an Kreativität und Organisationstalent, bist neugierig und lernst schnell?
Wir bieten Dir die Möglichkeit in einem jungen und dynamischen Team mitzuarbeiten, Erfahrungen in einem internationalen Unternehmen zu sammeln, unsere Marketingaktivitäten aktiv zu unterstützen und Dich selbst einzubringen. Das Praktikum sollte einen Zeitraum von drei bis sechs Monaten umfassen.
Du unterstützt das Marketing Team von K2 Sports für die Marken K2 Skis, K2 Snowboarding, K2 Skates, Backcountry Access, Ride Snowboards, Line Skis, Full Tilt, Madshus und Zoot.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity